Re: vsftpd

Meadows, Andrew wrote:

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows of a way to resolve it. I have vsftpd installed, the latest version available from redhat. The
server(s) that are having this problemn are both version 3 and version 4
AS. I made a configuration change to dis-allow anonymous ftp access to the
vsftpd.conf file. I then recycled vsftpd with service vsftpd restart all
looked well, meaning ok's all around. Now I cannot ftp to these servers as accounts that I know have access
and telnets are showing the ftp port closed. If I do a service vsftpd
status I get "vsftpd dead but subsys locked". No other ftp services are
running on these servers. Any thoughs or clues as to how to resolve?
NO process is showing with ps -ef and netstat is showing the port
closed.
Hi.

Check /var/lock/subsys/vsftpd file. Delete it, and start vsftp service.

Cheers.