From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Rhugga Harper
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 6:35 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: Getting rid of return message in ssh

In your sshd_config file on the target system, set these as follows:

PrintMotd no
PrintLastLog no

As a sidenote, there are ways to do what you want to do w/o changing these
options. (I prefer to have PrintLastLog enabled)

I use perl and the Net::SSH:Perl module to monitor my systems, and this
module gives you flexibility on how you handle stdout, stdin, exit status.
There are raw modes where you can read/write directly to the sshd socket
connection.

-rhugga