Re: spotty access to web server

Shaw, Marco wrote:
The problem seems to be that ALL machines behind one of this person's NATs (he controls three) cannot access my web server. I am at a loss as to why. [I hesitate to suggest that he compare all three NATs to see how this one is different, but that is all I can think of.]

BTW, none of those machines behind that NAT can run traceroute, as he doesn't allow traceroute through his NAT. The traceroute he sent to me was run from his DMZ: not exactly helpful.

The NAT runs on what OS?  Should be able to see whether stuff
is making it through.

I don't know what OS he is running. I'll ask.

Here is a question I asked, and his answer:

>>Are there any machines behind that global NAT that CAN access our web
>>server?

No.  All the request pass through our Firewall and time out.

I will ask him if he can do a tcpdump and find out exactly what is going on.

It's quite possible that the common IP address on the NAT having
problems is conflicting with another IP/subnet on its way to the
web server.

I will pass that along.

Marco

Thanks for your help.