Re: spotty access to web server

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:
Is the problem maybe upstream?  Is the firewall (which you don't
control, and I do feel your pain) getting overwhelmed and your
outsourcer is not willing to do anything about it cause it's not in the
contract?  If you are not showing anything in the access or error logs,
then I would suggest that they are plain not getting to your box.
The body that controls your firewall needs to participate in your
troubleshooting process.

My $0.02

Regards, Marshall

P.S. I can get to your site with no problems.

The problem seems to be that ALL machines behind one of this person's NATs (he controls three) cannot access my web server. I am at a loss as to why. [I hesitate to suggest that he compare all three NATs to see how this one is different, but that is all I can think of.]

BTW, none of those machines behind that NAT can run traceroute, as he doesn't allow traceroute through his NAT. The traceroute he sent to me was run from his DMZ: not exactly helpful.

Bill