Re: How to use cdrecord?

Ong Ying Ying wrote:
Hello!!! Someone help.

I used :
cdrecord -v -data -multi dev=0,0,0 /mnt/cdimage.raw
hoping to be able to append to the CDRW.

It seemed to burn to the cd fine the 2nd time (using the same command)
but I cannot see what I burned the 2nd time. The track number increased
on its own but I cannot get to the second track. The data that I burned
the 1st time was still there and ok but the 2nd burned data cannot be
found. What went wrong?

You didn't give the '-nofix' option, so it would have fixated the disk after the first pass. You shouldn't be able to see what you forced on the disk after that.

Not sure what you are after using the '-multi' flag, but I don't think what I *think* you are trying to do will work.

Where can I find mkbootdisk program? I have one mkbootdisk shell script
but my bash showed 'command not found'. Why?

[root@aa ~]# whereis mkbootdisk
mkbootdisk: /sbin/mkbootdisk /usr/share/man/man8/mkbootdisk.8.gz

It is in the /sbin directory.

Bill