Re: unblock port 25

Greetings Nagarjuna,

Nagarjuna Rao Cherukuri wrote:

This worked fine after I edited the following line in my sendmail.cf

From:
O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

To:
O DaemonPortOptions=Name=MTA

The above resule can be achived by commenting out "
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')" from sendmail.mc
and generating sendmail.cf using m4 after that.
The original thought behind the option that you just disabled was to
restrict where the sendmail listened for connections , so that it wouldn't
be an open relay ( relaying , sending emails to the whole internet for
everybody , even spammers ) .  So i guess you would have to reenable
the above option or edit access.db , so that your sendmail would relay emails
just for you and not for the entire world

Kind Regards,
  Kostas