Re: Linux Cluster

If you decide to go with the redhat clustering suite, you would need a shared drive ( like a SAN, or iSCSI exported from some 3rd machine ) as the clustering uses raw devices for keeping track of the state of the cluster. I was limited to the linux-ha solution due to the lack of hardware. But now that iSCSI becomes supported on RHEL4 it might be a good time to revisit it.

Radu

Greg Golin wrote:

No.. no special cards. The extra hardware is a UPS and cabling. Also, depending on what you are serving, you might need a storage device. Please take a look at linux-ha.org <http://linux-ha.org> and here: http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/csgfs/browse/rh-cs-en/

Regards,
Greg