Re: dual boot laptop

I won't venture any opinions on what machine to get. I CAN, however, tell you that I have successfully created a dual-boot machine directly from a "stock" Windows laptop direct from the store/factory using Partition Magic. This nifty package knows how to shrink down the size of the existing Windows partition and contents without losing any data, make room for one or more partitions for other things, and can even create various flavors of file systems on those partitions prior to installation of any Linux or other x86-based OS. It's a wonderful package, and well worth the $70 or so that it goes for. It used to be made by a company called PowerQuest, but it looks like Symantec now
owns this package.

KR