Re: passwd

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Meadows, Andrew wrote:

Ok I need some help. I have RedHat 3 update4 installed on multiple
servers. I created some accounts for users with the root ID. When they
log in they cannot change their password. If they try with the passwd
command they receive this error message, passwd: Authentication token
manipulation error. I think this may have something to do with the fact
that I recently had to change the umask of root to 077 because of
auditors.
Any thoughts you have on whats going on or how to fix this would be
greatly appreciated.

Did you enable selinux?

--
Stephen