From: Smith, Albert [mailto:Albert.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 10:30 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: RE: help i've been hacked. :(

I would reboot the box get it into single user mode and do and look for
new files and check your startup routines for changes. I would notify
your network team that you have been hacked and that you are unsure if
they left your box at the current moment and they can take a look if
they have the sniffers setup where they went to next.  I would start
doing some forensics on your machine to see what was compromised, I
would get your media togther because you might need to reinstall.