Re: up2date / yum local repository

mnikhil m wrote:

Hi

Has any one implemented a local yum repository or redcarpet kind for RHEL v3?

can someone please redirect me to the steps that you have taken.
though I have up2date rhn with RHEL,My core wish is to maintain a
local repository server making the clients connect a local server for
patches and updates instead of connecting to rhn everytime an up2date
is run.
Or is having a local repository possible with up2date program ( I have
heard that in most cases up2date has support for yum repositories)

Any Suggestions/Comments?
Thanks,
Nikhil

To build a local yum repository, try these:
http://www.charlescurley.com/yum/repository.html
http://fedoranews.org/alex/tutorial/yum/

up2date uses yum or apt depending on how you specify the repository in
  /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

for example you can add a line like:
  yum rpms-stable http://www.repository.com/fedora/3/en/$ARCH/rpms-stable/
to have up2date access rpms at http://www.repository.com/ using yum

or
apt rpms-stable http://www.repository.com/fedora/3/en/$ARCH/rpms-stable/ repository-name
to have up2date access rpms at the same location using apt.

Carl.