Re: Email server control panel

At 03:15 PM 8/1/2005, you wrote:

The system desired seems to be much like this one:

 Virtual user support with Postfix, OpenLDAP and Jamm

 http://wanderingbarque.com/mailserver.html

I've set this up for a client on RHEL 4 and its running in production beautifully now. I also added amavisd-new running SpamAssassin and ClamAV for antispam and virus protection.

Most of the moving parts in this solution are part of RHEL 4, but you will have to add Java, Tomcat 5, Jamm, amavisd-new, and ClamAV. Third party RPMs are available for all these packages in various repositories.

Richard
This might be what I was looking for. But I have a few questions. Will dovecot have to be compiled and installed manually? Or will it work from the "out of the box" rpm install on RHEL ES 4? Also, the page you listed said it wouldn't do POP mail. Is this true or is there something else that needs to be done to make it allow POP access? I should have put that in my "needs" list when first posting, but it is so common place for me that I didn't think about it. Also, can it use a mailing list program like majordomo? I didn't see that on the list either and again, I forgot to ask about that in my original post. We have a couple of clients that use majordomo on our server.

Thanks
Steve