Re: firewall

On Aug 1, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Marco A. Ramos wrote:

Talking about this topic, now and since 4 year ago we are using the firewall (IPF) in a OpenBSD servers to protect the net from Internet and Iptables to protect the inside servers, according with the information in that days

You're 3 years out of support. You should be using 3.6 (or newer) with PF. IPF is a piece of shit (excuse my french).

OpenBSD looks more secure than Linux

By default, yes. Nevertheless, it's apples and oranges. Either one can be made *more* secure by a competent sysadmin.

“Only one remote hole in the default install, in more than 8 years!”
Publicity on www.openbsd.com

But Linux it much powerfully then OpenBSD.

Care to elaborate?

My point it’s to put on the table a discussion about the advantages between
Iptables on Linux and IPF on OpenBSD.

Don't even think about using IPF in this discussion. Feel free to compare Linux netfilter/iptables and OpenBSD/PF.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting