Re: iptables rules to allow nautilus samba access

Will McDonald wrote:
On 27/07/05, Bill Tangren <bjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to get access to the windows network neighborhood via
smb:/// in nautilus. If I turn off iptables, it works just fine. If I
turn it back on, it doesn't. Ethereal indicates that the traffic (with
iptables turned off) looks like:

To get SMB/CIFS succesfully through an LVS I forward the following
ports/protocols...

137/udp
138/udp
139/tcp
445/tcp

And that allows me to succesfully browse to \\${hostname} from a
windows machine on the network outside the LVS. I imagine firewall
requirements would be similar.

Are the iptables rules you posted actually applied on the Samba server
itself or something in between?

Will.

They are applied on the samba server. I can get to the samba server from a Windoze box. That was never a problem. What IS a problem is getting to the Windoze box from the samba box. That's what I am trying to get help with.

Bill