FC3 and Dell 2850

Just a heads up.

I have three Dell 2850's with Dual Xeon processors and 2G RAM on which I have installed Fedora Core 3. All three will lock up when I start either twm or xfce along with the SMP kernel (2.6.11-1.14 and 2.6.11-1.35) and try to drag anything with the mouse. If I run the non-SMP kernel everything appears to be fine. The error reported on the dell LCD is C070 which support tells me is a hardware processor error. Dell asked me to return one of the machines to their engineering department so I guess they are taking it seriously. Unfortunately the replacement they sent has the same problem.

This only happens if I start the graphics at the console. So far the machines work fine in runlevel 3 and VNC is unaffected.

--
Stephen Carville <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Unix and Network Admin