Re: download wu-ftpd

At 03:10 AM 7/26/2005, you wrote:

YES, i know its not good idea to use wu-ftpd, but i just need to install
it for research purposes. So anyone can please provide me download link
of wu-ftpd for fedora core 2.

Just curious. Are you emailing to this list telepathically or do you have internet access? One of the first things to do for a program....in my opinion...is to try going to a website with the name of the program. Example:
wu-ftpd.com
wu-ftpd.net
wu-ftpd.org
Boom...there it is. Not all programs have websites with the name of their program in a .com, .net or .org........So, another option is to open up your browser and type:
http://www.google.com
Then type in "wu-ftpd". Wow...it would have worked again. The first listing that I got was for the Development Group site. Then, click on the link and read the page. To look for the rpm you can go to rpmfind.net. In this case, rpmfind.net doesn't have an rpm for Fedora Core 2, but its a very good place to go for rpms. Usually if they don't have the rpm and my rhn.redhat.com account doesn't either (no, I am not using the Fedora releases) then there usually isn't an rpm for it. That doesn't mean that there isn't one, just that for the rpms that I get, rpmfind.net usually has them without me knowing where the home page is for the program. But "Boom". When I searched at http://rpmfind.net, it gave me the home page for the program there too. There are many other places too. Again, google is a word you might want to remember.

Following these directions will get you faster results in the future. After you have tried these ways and still can't find it, then email a mailing list and you might get a reply that might not be a smart-aleck reply like this one since following the above recommendations, you would have already found it quicker than it would have taken you to email a mailing list to ask where to find it.