Re: Login restrictions in NIS environment

Well, the second method is a possible solution.

Services: DNS, HTTPD, NIS...

#/etc/hosts.allow
ypserv: ALL
httpd: ALL EXCEPT fred@ALL
bind: ALL EXCEPT fred@ALL
<daemon>: ALL EXCEPT fred@ALL

#/etc/hosts.deny
#Very restrictive
ALL: ALL@ALL, PARANOID

But the problem is if the daemons are not ready to use wrappers (this is defined on compilation time of daemons).

Slts.

Richard Hobbs escribió:

Hello,

Banning particular IP addresses is useless to us... We need to ban
particular users.

For example, if we ban fred's machine, fred can still log in from a
different machine. We need to ban fred from every machine, but he still
needs to be able to log into other machines on the network.

Thanks again,
Richard.