Re: Apache and SSL

On Jun 4, 2005, at 10:15 PM, David Bear wrote:

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:56:36PM -0500, Darryl W. DeLao Jr. wrote:
I am running Apache 2.0.46 on RHEL 3.0 ES. I have about 8 virtualhosts
using port 80. I want to add a virtualhost for port 443. I have the
key installed, etc. When I add a virtualhost for this SSL site in my
ssl.conf, it works. However, all the other port 80 sites now no longer
work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I beleive you cannot do named virtual hosts and ssl simultaneously.
You must use ip based virtual hosting to get ssl.

Wrong, please don't guess. You can do named virtual hosts just fine with SSL. Each http virtual host should be defined something like:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80>

While an SSL virtual host will be defined like:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443>

Of course, you can only have one named SSL virtual host per IP, so it's not really much of a named-based virtual host (beyond the configuration, anyways). Since the OP never revealed his configuration, we're just guessing anyways.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting