Re: FTP proxy with authentication

All of the FTP clients I used had the problems whin connected to FTP server via SQUID. Requests for up/downloading of files work fine, but more complex requests, such as creation of directories, changing access rights on the files on FTP server usually fail. I think that if you need an FTP proxy that will work with any requests the client may want to use, you should use more spicialized proxy, not SQUID, which primarily intended for HTTP operations.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com

Thierry ITTY wrote:

I use SQUID (ftp and http) but your ftp client must be able to handle this
kind of proxy. squid handles various kind of authentications.

hth