Re: error enabling swap space device hda3. No such fileordirectory.

It seems that the swap space works. I think that the installer reinitialized the swap partition after giving you the message. Do you still receiving the message thet the swap partition can not be enabled? Do you able to see the swap space in the memory information given by 'free'? Anyway, you can disable the swap space with 'swapoff' reinitialize it with 'mkswap' and enable it again with 'swapon'. It should eliminate the error you described.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com

Evan Panagiotopoulos wrote:

The output was formatted poorly. Here it is again:

Filename /dev/hda3
Type partition
Size 1020116
Used 0 Priority -1