Re: Configuring sendmail

Michael Velez wrote:

How can I configure sendmail to send mail to an internet e-mail address?

My RedHat system is a home system with no domain.

I've added the define(`SMART_HOST', ...) directive to point to my ISP's smtp
server in the sendmail.mc file and remade the .cf file but this does not
seem to work.  I've also added some MASQUERADE lines.

Do I need to somehow configure dns or something else I'm not aware of?

Yeah, the best you can do is read the docs. Sendmail is pretty simple but I would rather you move on to Exim. In your mc file look for a line with "DAEMON_OPTIONS" and do what it says then run the m4!