Re: Compiling kernel rpm

Otto Haliburton wrote:

Life is very complicated.  Let us see if we can make it simple.  1) build
the kernel using rpmbuild ... on 1 machine with smp. Creating the binaries.
2) create a rpm with these binaries or distribute the binaries to all other
machines.  Now is that difficult. Or go in to the spec file and figure out
how to set it up for smp.  And go from there.

I'm sorry, is there a question here or are you just making a statement?

-- "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".