Re: problem with apache server under RHEL ES4

James Cooley wrote:
Bill,

We had a similar problem on one of our servers.  The way we resolved it,
was to edit the file

/etc/http/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf

and comment out the line:

LoadModule mysql_auth_module modules/mod_auth_mysql.so

After that's done, just restart apache and you should be good to go.

--James Cooley

Bill Tangren wrote:

Hello all,

I used to have an apache server (2.0.40) running under RH9 that had
this directory command:

<Directory "/home/httpd/ServerStats">
       Options FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride None
       Order deny,allow
       Deny from all
       Allow from 10.1.
       AuthType Basic
       AuthUserFile conf/htpasswd.users
       AuthName "restricted directory"
       require valid-user
       satisfy any
</Directory>

The access authentication using the htpasswd.users worked fine on this
system. I upgraded the system to RHEL ES4, and I copied the above into
the new httpd.conf file. My users no longer have access. This is what
shows up in error_log:

[Wed Apr 27 10:00:37 2005] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] MySQL ERROR:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

[Wed Apr 27 10:00:37 2005] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] MySQL user
test not found: /restricted/file.html

The problem is, I'm not using MYSQL. I haven't loaded the
mod_auth_mysql library into apache either (though I do have it
installed).

Does anyone know why I'm getting this error, and how to fix this?

Thanks!
Bill Tangren

Thanks for the info. I solved the problem by moving the

Include conf.d/*.conf

line in httpd.conf, to below the

LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so

line. This way, I can still use mysql if I wish to, and httpd tries to use mod_auth FIRST, which is what I wanted it to do.

Thanks for responding.

Bill Tangren