Re: file size limit

errr...RHEL4 - 8TB.   Typo on my part :)

--James Cooley

On Mar 31, 2005, at 5:44 PM, James Cooley wrote:

RHEL3 - 1TB
RHEL4 - 4TB

http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/configuration/

--James Cooley

Steve Buehler wrote:

Where can I find a page at redhat that gives the file size limits for their different versions and file system types. A customer wants me to do a backup of his data and if I tar czvf the info up, it comes up to a 5.4gig file. I want to make sure this isn't going to be a problem on RHEL ES 3 or 4. Since I am sure this will grow in size as they add more to their system, I am curious how big it can get before running into problems. The file systems on both the server I am backing up to and the one I am backing up from are ext3.
I did a google of "file size limit site://www.redhat.com" and that came up with 4,650 items. It was even more for the whole net and still didn't find the answer.

Thanks
Steve