Re: getting two directories to be the same

rsync will let you sync up two directories on the same system. Just run it as if the nfs mount was a local filesystem like so:

rsync -a /nfs/source/mount /local/destination/directory

By default, rsync will not delete files from the destination that do not exist in the source directory

--James Cooley