RPM Build ?? My rpm does nothing :(

Hello,

I am trying to build a package for nrpe-2.0, I was following the
instructions at http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/build-it.html.

But nothing happens when I do a rpm -i rpm-package-name, even with -vv I
do not see anything being done that would indicate it was installing a
package ?

Here are my steps:

1. Downloaded nrpe-2.0 from the web and extracted the package.

2. I ran ./configure with the options I wanted.

3. I then create a init.d script for nrpe

4. Placed a template config (nrpe.cfg-rpm) in the directory

5. I then created a setup-nrpe.sh script which creates a user on the
system and sets a default password.

6. I then created my nrpe-2.0-1.spec file (attached).

7. I then tar/gzipped backup the source directory and placed it
in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/nrpe-2.0.tar.gz

Now if I run rpmbuild -ba nrpe-2.0-1.spec it seems to do everything
correctly.

It extracts the source, the user is created, runs make and installs the
binaries in the places I specified. It also puts the nrpe init.d script
is the right directory and creates the syslink. All of which is
specified in the spec file.

So why it is if I run rpm -i nothing seems to happen ?

Michael.
Name: nrpe
Version: 2.0
Release: 1
Copyright: GPL
Group: Applications/System
Source: /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/nrpe-2.0.tar.gz
BuildRoot: /var/tmp/%{name}-buildroot

%description
NRPE was designed to work with the nagios system monitor, check out:
www.nagios.org.

NRPE allows you to execute "local" plugins (like check_disk, check_procs, etc.) on
remote hosts. The check_nrpe plugin is called from Nagios and actually makes
the plugin requests to the remote host. Requires that nrpe be running on the
remote host (either as a standalone daemon or as a service under inetd).
Supports passing command arguments to server, as well as native SSL/TLS
encryption (anonymous DH mode). If you want the latest and greatest CVS snapshot
of NRPE, you can get it here.

Note: NRPE version 2.0 breaks backward compatability with NRPE 1.x clients/servers!

This RPM was created by Michael Gale (michael.gale@xxxxxxxxx) with assist with the
installation of nrpe on Pason servers. Absolutely no warrently comes with this RPM,
install it AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Michael Gale.

%prep
%setup
./setup-nrpe.sh

%build
make RPM_OPT_FLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

install -s -m 755 src/nrpe /home/nrpe/nrpe
chown nrpe:nrpe /home/nrpe/nrpe
install -m 644 nrpe.cfg-rpminstall /home/nrpe/nrpe.cfg
install -s -m 755 nrpe.init-script /etc/rc.d/init.d/nrpe

ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/nrpe /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/nrpe

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)