RE: Dual Boot with Windows XP problem

Hi,

I have a similar problem but with different config:

I have 3 disks that I use for my Primary Master hdd and I change them to
work under different system setups. As the information on those disks are
vital, I dont want them to be 'touched' by LILO or GRUB or anything else. So
I have connected an old 6 Gig disk for FC3/RHEL4 installation and want to
install LILO or GRUB (yeah whatever) to this new 6 Gig disk which is
connected to Secondary Slave (it is hdd1 right?). As I want to boot into
this red-hat, I press F8 and there comes my Soyo boards boot menu asking
where to boot from (FDD, Pri-M, Sec-S, CDRom, NetW) and I simply choose
Secondary Slave. After this, I see a text saying "GRUB" and then it sits
like that for ages doing nothing with no error messages... :(

I remember me installing FreeBSD v5.3 with the same method (^^^^^) with no
problems.

Why does the RH installation fail to boot and hang?
--
SubZero