Re: KDE remembers root password for graphical applications

linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi!

I recognised under RHEL WS3, that KDE remembers the root password once a
graphical application required root authentication and it was typed in. That
means that a second root authentication is not taking place, and the application
which requires a root password opens without it.

Example:
$ redhat-config-users
-> opening the usermanager for the first time, asks for the root password, OK.
=> opening now the same or any other graphical application that requires root
autentication, don't ask for the root password anymore, they just open.

Any ideas where I can disable this behaviour (seems to be a security hole).

Read the man page on sudoers and search for the parameter timestamp_timeout.

Regards,
Ed