Re: what is your opinion on White Box linux???

On Mar 14, 2005, at 8:02 AM, mcclnx mcc wrote:

I heard White Box is "clone" of Redhat AS software.
My company plan to switch from Redhat AS to White Box
to save cost.  What is opinion on White Box?

I like WhiteBox but found that the errata maintenance experiences unsatisfactory delays. I've migrated to CentOS and found they are much more responsive to patch releases and community feedback. Both are quality products; the differentiator is in the support.

Does it stable enough? how about upgrade and third
party driver support (e.g. Qlogic card, EMC powerpath,
..) ?

Third party drivers that work on RHEL should build and run fine on the RHEL clones.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting