Re: Seperating emails on one mail server

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Ehrhart" <yoloits@xxxxxxxx>
To: <redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:31 PM
Subject: Seperating emails on one mail server

I have multiple domains hosted on one Red Hat Linux Enterprise 3 server
running Sendmail. If the email is addressed to any valid user on the server
using any of the domains I host the user gets the email. What I want to do
is be able to have users with the same name for each domain that goes to
different users.
For example users,
info@xxxxxxxxx
info@xxxxxxxxx
info@xxxxxxxxx
Each email addressed to a different domain should go to a different user
named info. That way each domain can have a user named info which would go
to it's own inbox.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

edit
/etc/mail/virtusertable
Hint ::

Address mappings are similar to aliases, but are more suited to a system that handles multiple email domains. They can be used to redirect mail for an entire domain to one address, handle users with the same name in different domains, or map all mail from one domain to another.

info@xxxxxxxxx  info1
info@xxxxxxxxx  info2
info@xxxxxxxxx  info3

or whole domain to one user
@test1.com  info1
or
@test2.com  info@xxxxxxxxx

also
whole domain map

@test1.com  test1.com

Regards
Rushan

dangerous content by MEC E-Mail Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.
--
www.mec.com.jo