pptp

Does anybody know if RHEL ES 4 has PPTP ( or was it ) MPPE built into the kernel? I am running RHEL ES 3 now and to use VPN server I would have to recompile the kernel. I don't really like to do that. I ran into some errors that I could not resolve and gave up. No I don't remember what the errors where exactly, but it was going to mess up some software running on that server so I didn't want to continue because it is crucial that that server stays up and running. I didn't have another server at the time to recompile a kernel on. I was hoping that RHEL ES 4 would have everything built in and I wouldn't have to recompile the kernel. That way, I should still be able to use up2date to keep the kernel updated. As it stands, if I recompile the kernel, then any time they came out with a bug fix or new kernel, I would have to recompile again if I wanted to stay current.

Thanks
Steve