Program to test computer

I have a RHEL ES 3 server that seems to be having some problems that might be hardware. I have taken it offline so that I can run some test on it. Does anybody know of a script/program that might work to put a load on the server for an extended period of time. Better yet, does anybody know of a program...hopefully free, that can run the tests on the hardware of the machine and give me a report?

thanks
Steve