Re: Problem Binding to Nis server

At 07:22 AM 2/9/2005, Andrew.Bridgeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Using one machine as an example it says none when i do type domainname it
should say bsaeg. Below are a few files if you see something wrong anybody
let me know. Also does anyone know how i can get the machines that have
hung back to a command line so i can make changes if needed.

[root@lin5 sysconfig]# domainname
(none)

I have never used that command before. I use hostname. "domainname comes up with the same results as you get on all of our servers. A "man domainname" says this:
domainname - show or set the system's NIS/YP domain name
So I would say that if you are trying to show or set your system's NIS/YP domain name, then just type "domainname bsaeg" to set it and then when you type "domainname", it should give you what you are looking for. To get it to come up when your machine boots, put the "domainname bsaeg" command in your systems startup script. For mine I would put it in /etc/rc.d/rc.local at the end with the following line:
/bin/domainname bsaeg

Steve