Email via syslog

It appears that the stock linux syslog (sysklogd) does not support email delivery for facilities. As far as I can tell, it can only send to users (tty), loghosts, files or named pipes (fifo, not shell). I see no ability to actually send email to internal or external users. Can someone confirm this for me?

P.S. Yes, I expect that something like syslog-ng can do this. I just want to know for certain that sysklogd can not. I'm disappointed, as this seems like an obvious feature.

P.P.S. I'm not interested in parsing utilities (i.e. logwatch). At this point, I'm on a fact-finding mission.

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting