RE: IPTables and DNS

DNS is UDP port 53, not TCP

Rudolf

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of p p
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 11:55 AM
To: redhat-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPTables and DNS

Hi, Im setting up a DNS server and am having trouble getting through the
firewall. Im able to use the server as a dns server from another machine if
I stop the iptables service. Ive tried setting a rule to allow tcp on port
53 through, but it still not working. Any ideas?  Sorry if this is the wrong
list for this subject. I didnt see a list that seemed appropriate though.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This is on RH Enterprise by the
way. Thanks again.