Re: IPTables and DNS

p p wrote:
Hi, Im setting up a DNS server and am having trouble getting through the firewall. Im able to use the server as a dns server from another machine if I stop the iptables service. Ive tried setting a rule to allow tcp on port 53 through, but it still not working. Any ideas? Sorry if this is the wrong list for this subject. I didnt see a list that seemed appropriate though. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. This is on RH Enterprise by the way. Thanks again.

Did you also allow UDP traffic on port 53?

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".