Re: Red Hat hardware advice

Jason Dixon wrote:

I've never used IBM or Sun hardware with RHEL and I have no reason to try. Sun's Linux offerings never matched up with our requirements. IBM has always exceeded our price points (according to the Product Managers), particularly since RHEL was already our most expensive platform (*)(**). I've used Dell PowerEdge servers since then, and have been pretty satisfied. Their agents and RAC cards are the closest thing to the "boot-to-bluescreen" management experience that HP offers, and their Linux engineers are very active on the Linux/PowerEdge list. If you consider the Dell route, I highly suggest subscribing to that list and getting other users' input on your pending purchase.

Jason,

Where would I find that list?  We're using RH on Dell Power Edge as well.

Thanks!

Ben