strange squid problem

In this network there are a mix of ms-windows w2k and nt4, and rh8 workstations, server rh9 running squid 2.5 When squid is running, all of the windows workstations get only a blank page after logging in to the microsoft hotmail service. By logging in from redhat workstations hotmail works as normal. We have no other problems in other sites,

Emptying the squid cache does not help, but when the squid service is totally stopped we can log into hotmail also on the ms-windows workstations. No doubt that squid is the problem here.

Have anybody seen this before?