Re: RHCE exam prep advice

Jared Johnson wrote:

All state laws are governed by Federal law. So in essence, it's a federal
law.

Um...no. I work for a state law-enforcement agency. You have state laws, with state law-enforcement officers (LEO's), state courts, and state and county jails. You also have federal laws, with federal agencies, federal LEO's, federal courts and federal jails.

Now, if you have a federal law on the same subject as a state law, the federal law trumps the state law. However, please note that unless the infraction involves a federal interest, it is often resolved at the state or local level. For instance, murder cases are most often tried in state courts.

Of course, I am not a lawyer, but you're just flat wrong.

Ben