Re: modules and kernel elements

Ben Ransom wrote:
I see, looking in /usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/configs and grepping the appropriate file for "=m" will show the default list of modules. It is still a little muddy however, as the list of "=m" from the above file does not match the list of "=m" from the .config file built with 'make oldconfig'

The main point tho is that I do not want to make a new kernel image and set of modules that is different from out of box -- at least as a starting point before customizing. Is this why you suggest simply copying over /usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/configs/<APPROPRIATE_FILE> to /usr/src/linux-<VERSION>/.config? (and then do make xconfig)
Thanks,
-Ben

Yes, you got it. Those config files are the ones that RedHat uses to build their kernels from the source that comes in the source RPM's.

-Ben.