Re: How to get the /proc/parport????

myothello myothello wrote:
Hi, I am new to Linux. Had installed a RedHat Linux
7.3 from the CD. I need to set up the parallel port
for communication to another DOS PC. Saw a HowTo
guide on PLIP and it mentioned .../proc/parport/.... But there is no such path. Had tried the insmod and
still can't get it work. Did I miss some step when I
first install the Linux OS? Should I install
something like kernel or core rpm files????? Thanks.

Don't know if this helps any....

In RHELv2.1 (which I think is based on 7.3) there is no /proc/parport but there is a /proc/sys/dev/parport when insmod parport and insmod parport_pc are run.

Regards,
Ed

-- "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".