Re: upgrade to shrike from 7.3, results

On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:35 AM, mark wrote:

After having complete and total failure on the "upgrade" - if anyone's paying any attention from RedHat, this is *not* acceptable in a business environment, or for desktop users - every single time the python scripts with anaconda *failed* with unhandled exceptions, I went on to Plan B.
[snip]
All in all, she's upgraded...but this is a *lousy* way to expect barely-computer-literate desktop-oriented users to expect to do an upgrade...since it *ain't*, it's an install.

*sigh*

Congratulations! You've upgraded from a release that Red Hat stopped supporting December '03 to a release that Red Hat stopped supporting April '04. It's clear from your actions that you've done very little research into which upgrade paths Red Hat actually supports.
I suggest that you visit http://fedoralegacy.org/ for security and bug fixes to RH9 *or* install a distro that is still supported by Red Hat like the latest Fedora Core release or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle