Re: PHP Install on RHEL 3

J G wrote:
i am not sure if this fell through the cracks as I sent it Weds last week..so i am resending and hope someone can help
thanks

J G <rhct95051@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi everyone,

Installed PHP 5.0 on system running Mysql and apache.

when I tried to do a make command, i get the following
error:

configure: error: Cannot find MySQL header files under
/var/lib/mysql.
Note that the MySQL client library is not bundled
anymore.
[root@palrhsrv php-5.0.2]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Yeah I think this all has to do with MySQL licensing after 3.x. Not sure exactly, but I know RH doesn't ship any newer versions of MySQL any more. Anyways, you might have to go out to mysql and get the required headers and files you need. Hope that helps some.

Wade