Re: NIC problem

Aseem Khurana wrote:

I have an IBM NetVista p3/800Mhz/rtl-8138 on-board NIC machine running linux
9.
The on-board lan card on the machine was working perfectly, until I added a
DLINK nic to it, kudzu identified the DLINK card, now shows configured as
eth0, but there is no information shown regarding the on-board nic in
ifconfig/kudzu regarding possible eth1. Where am I going wrong?

Check the BIOS for ethernet settings. Some have on, off and auto settings. If yours can be set this way (a lot cannot) and it is set to auto, set it to on instead.

I've seen some PCs where the addition of a nic disabled the onboard one.

Failing that, what does lspci say?

IRQ conflicts?

Regards,
Ed.