Re: Which Jabber server?

Crucificator wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:

Ed Greshko wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:

I'm thinking about setting up a jabber server on a Red Hat or Fedora Linux box. Any recommendations? - I was about to install jabberd 2.0, but then I read somewhere that the project was no longer being maintained. Is that right?

- Toralf

On consulting the jabberd web site one finds:

The project leader is Rob Norris. He can be contacted via email or Jabber at rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An email to Rob may be in order....

Also the site http://www.jabber.org/software/servers.php seems to have some valuable info.

Don't tell anyone...but I have this servant call google that provides me with this sort of information. :-) :-)

And how do you get your servant to tell you what information is relevant and what is not?

Ed

Option 1: He doesn't tell him he just beats the hell out of him until he renders it uncounscious and then he performs an telepathic transfer.
Option 2: When he is too tired or his hands are sore he just uses an computer with a keyboard, video and mouse to interact with it.

Option 3: He goes looking for people who might give him actual information instead of rumours, hearsay and lots of irrelevant anecdotes.

Enter the Red Hat Linux mailing list...