Re: sftp server

google is your friend.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=sftp+%22Couldn%27t+read+packet%3A%22+chroot

You didn't follow the setup instructions.

--
Steve.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Jay Berryman wrote:

Hello everyone.  I am trying to build an sftp server and chroot the users to
their home directories.  I have already installed patched versions of
openssh, openssh-server, and openssh-client.  I then edit the /etc/passwd
file and modify the user's home directory path as such:

User:x:500:500::/home/user/./:/bin/bash

Once I try to sftp into the server I receive the following error message:

Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Jay Berryman, RHCT