Re: ftp questions....

On 10/30/04 08:45, bruce wrote:

thanks for getting back to me... and yeah.. it's running.. i can ftp in with
a ftp client from another box...

the issue i'm having is that although i can ftp in/access files from another
box, when i do a:
# ps -aef | grep ftp

i get

#

which is curious.. to say the least...

It would make sense if it's based out of inetd or xinetd. Which version of Red Hat Linux are you running? cat /etc/redhat-release if you're not sure.

Also, do the following:
# rpm -qa | grep ftp

i can even enable/disable the ftp server/service from the gui (gnome) so the
box is actually running a ftp server/service....

but i need to figure out the rest of the issues that i mentioned...

in my /usr/sbin i see in.wuftpd, vsftpd, and wu.ftpd...

You may have both installed. Go to a command line and enter: $ ftp localhost

Let's see the output of that. By default, both vsftpd and wu-ftpd will identify themselves in the response text.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA