Re: bogon filtering question

Vidiot wrote:
I'm currently running RH 7.1 (moving to Fedora Core 3 soon).  I received
the following e-mail:

Please can you investigate this problem & remove/update this static =
bogon list from your router/web server, as you filtering a 'live' block =
of IP!
***** end quote *****

What is this guy talking about?  I know that I've not done anything on
purpose to block any IPs.  Is there a file somewhere that I can look at?

Thanks for any pointers.

Are you running a firewall? If so, how are you configuring the the firewall? If you were using "shorewall" you'd look in /usr/share/shorewall and check the "bogons" file. In earlier versions of shorewall the file may be located in /etc/shorewall.

So, it depends on the firewall configuration software you are using as to what/where the file is that needs checking.

http://www.completewhois.com/bogons/

has some nice documentation on bogons....

Regards,
Ed

-- "I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"