Re: more-info : Samba <-> XP problem

Gary Stainburn wrote:

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 2:31 pm, Gary Stainburn wrote:

Hi folks.

I've got a samba setup that's been working for age.  However, since
we moved the computer dept into a new building I'm having problems
with some XP systems not being able to access it, getting
authorisation errors when trying to open the window.  Others are
opening the window okay but not seeing any shares.

The only entries I can find in the logs are the nmbd failing to log
itself with the WINS/browser server 10.1.1.101 (see below). the
smbd.log doesn't get updated when the XP box tries to connect.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do next?

I've found that by doing

ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth2 down
service smb restart

everything's fine again (eth1 and eth2 are not currently connected but are configured for different LANs).

Don't know why this' got it working again. anyone got a clue?

Then probably it's a routing issue. give us ifconfig -a and route -n