Rate control with IPtables in Redhat 9

10/26

Hello,

I am fairly new to Linux world.

Please help me to implement connection rate (ex. 5
outgoing/minute) and packet size control in my iptables on my
redhat 9 gateway. My iptables just forwards internet
connections from interal hosts by masquerading.

1) I would like to design my test network such that only 10
outgoing connections are allowed at any time. Please advice me
on a good rate i.e no: of connection per time period. The
network will and must have minimim usage. It has no production
value.

2) Also what would be a good packet size for control?

Thank You.
Menon